Castrol SafeCoat DW 30 X
Castrol SafeCoat™ DW 30 X is a premium quality solvent deposited corrosion preventive with excellent dewatering properties. The solvent, after evaporation, leaves an ultra-thin greasy protective film.
SafeCoat DW 30 X rapidly removes water from components subsequent to electroplating processes, after machining using soluble cutting fluids, or parts that have been washed. The very thin residual film provides effective medium term protection against corrosion during intermediate storage or transportation. SafeCoat DW 30 X can also be used as a lubricant for mild press working, where corrosion protection without further treatment is required. Although SafeCoat DW 30 X can be applied by brushing or spraying, its dewatering action is most effective if the articles to be protected can be immersed in a dip tank.
• Based on low odour isoparaffin solvent (aromatic content less than 10 ppm).
• Free from heavy metals, such as Barium.
• Forms an even film.
• Fingerprint suppressant.
• Excellent water displacing and penetrating properties.
• High stability against acidic and alkaline contaminations.
• Long bath-lifetimes possible.
• Mild odour.
• The claims on film thickness and consumption are average values. These are valid for smooth surfaces with good drain-off characteristics and simple geometries without holes or recesses.
• Average drying time is the time until the majority of the solvent is evaporated at ambient temperature and a relative humidity of 60 – 70%. The full corrosion protection will just be provided when the solvent is completely evaporated.
• «Indoor storage” describes the storage of ferrous components in closed store-rooms having a relative humidity of 60%. Increased protection times could be achieved when treating finished surfaces or store the parts in a sealed pack.
• «Outdoor storage” describes open storage, which assumes primary protection from the elements by tarpaulin or other form of cover.
• Influence of temperature may cause some cloudiness, which is reversible and doesn’t have an impact on product quality.
• If required protective films of SafeCoat DW 30 X can easily be removed by using a petroleum solvent or alkaline process cleaner, all available from Castrol.
To avoid product deterioration, keep the container/drum tightly sealed always. Prevent any frost and water ingress. Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight. It is preferable to store the product indoors always. For more details, please refer the product safety data sheet.
OOO KONDOR COMPANY
ATT.: SUPPLY DEPARTMENT !!!! R&LD !!
8 (495) 790-14-52
8 (915) 218-57-47
Fax: 8 (495) 223-92-57
8 (812) 318-12-75
8 (812) 318-12-74