Castrol Syntilo®11 is a fully synthetic soluble cutting fluid. It forms a colourless transparent solution.
Castrol Syntilo® 11 is suitable for cutting and grinding operations on ferrous metals.
Produces outstanding results on high production N/C machines operating at high surface
speeds. Particularly successful in the glass working industry where diamond drills are
used. Castrol Syntilo® 11 contains materials which may react adversely with copper
Benefits and Qualities
- Fully synthetic — contains no mineral oil.
- Low misting and fuming characteristics.
- Highly stable emulsion — even in hard water — prolongs life of coolant.
- Excellent lubricating, cooling and wetting properties.
- Formulated without phenols, nitrites or sulphurised or chlorinated additives which
can cause disposal or health problems.
- Excellent low foaming characteristics.
- Clear solution allows visibility of work piece and operation.
- Contains corrosion inhibitors to prevent corrosion of ferrous metals.
Measuring Emulsion Strength
To ensure optimum performance of the emulsion, check the emulsion strength weekly and adjust if necessary. A quick, easy and accurate method is by using a refractometer, such as the Atago NIO Hand Sugar Refractometer, available from Castrol. The following graph converts the refractometer readings to percentage concentration for Castrol Syntilo® 11.
Method of Use
1. Zero instrument according to manufacturer’s instructions, including allowance for temperature variations.
2. Allow coolant to circulate and then take a representative sample of coolant from coolant system, preferably from the ‘clean’ tank. Avoid picking up tramp oil. If necessary, allow sample to stand a few minutes and remove the oil from the surface.
3. Pour a large drop of coolant sample on the prism and close flap. Ensure a full film of coolant is trapped between the flap and the prism. Hold the instrument up to the light and take the percentage reading.
4. Convert the reading to give the concentration of the coolant from the following graph.
5. After use, rinse the refractometer flap and prism surfaces in tap-water and wipe dry.
OOO KONDOR COMPANY
ATT.: SUPPLY DEPARTMENT !!!! R&LD !!
8 (495) 790-14-52
8 (915) 218-57-47
Fax: 8 (495) 223-92-57
8 (812) 318-12-75
8 (812) 318-12-74