In most spindle applications with super-precision bearings, grease with a mineral base oil and lithium thickener is suitable. These greases adhere well to the bearing surfaces and can be used in applications where temperatures range from –30 to +110 °C (–20 to +230 °F). For applications with high speeds and high temperatures or where long service life is required, grease with a synthetic base oil e.g. SKF diester oil based grease LGLT 2 has been proven to be effective.
For angular contact thrust ball bearings for screw drives, grease with an ester or mineral base oil and calcium complex thickener can be used under most operating conditions.
Alternative greases may be required under any of the following conditions:
- operating temperatures < 10 °C (50 °F) or > 100 °C (210 °F)
- bearing speed is very high or very low
- static operation, infrequent rotation or oscillation
- bearings are subjected to vibration
- bearings are subjected to heavy loads or shock loads
- water resistance is important
- screw drive bearings at low speeds, under heavy loads or exposed to vibration should be lubricated with a lithium soap grease with a mineral base oil and EP additives like SKF LGEP 2
OOO KONDOR COMPANY
ATT.: SUPPLY DEPARTMENT !!!! R&LD !!
8 (495) 790-14-52
8 (915) 218-57-47
Fax: 8 (495) 223-92-57
8 (812) 318-12-75
8 (812) 318-12-74